Nov 9, 2010

Discuss

1. Do you think abortion is a political topic that has had the life sucked out of it?
2. It is right to give minorities, women, gays, lesbians, transgender, bisexual preferences for hiring and management positions?
3. Counter this argument. The dictionary description of pimp is someone soliciting for prostitutes for a portion of their earnings and further the definition of prostitute is to use a skill or ability in a way that is considered unworthy for financial gain. Therefore, is Oprah a pimp?
4. Would you rather be the cherrybomber or be cherrybombed?
5. What is the line between altruism and self serving?
6. Is mindless thinking on purpose?
7. Why do people with their doctorate of philosophy have to do research?
8. If you could accidently ram your car into someone else’s whose would it be?
9. Is tithing taxation or is taxation tithing?
10. What is the opposite of hitting rock bottom? How will you know?
11. How long is status quo acceptable?
12. Do you love our servicemen and women enough to encourage your children to serve?

1 comment:

  1. Yowza!

    Okay, I'll jump.

    1. No

    2. No

    3. I think I'm too stressed out from dealing with Blogger for the past hour to answer this one in a logical way. I'll have to get back to you : )
    I'm not an Oprah fan, does that help?

    4. Are we truly talking cherrybombs or is this a metaphor I'm missing?
    If we're talking cherrybombs what's the target? I think cherrybomber.

    5. it's thin but not invisible...there is a line I believe...some are self serving, but there are still some people who are altruistic.

    6. No. At least not until that moment when you recognize you are not actually thinking because in that moment you are once again thinking.

    7. Why do people get doctorates in philosophy?

    8.hmmm....Bill Maher. Maybe not a pc answer but I find him annoying. And smug. I can't stand smug.

    9. neither

    10. hitting rock top? I think you recognize when you're no longer at rock bottom. You may not know what the polar opposite is but you know when life gets better.

    11. til its no longer the status quo

    12. I am the daughter of a career Marine, a Colonel who served in three wars...so I'm a big believer in people serving their country. I don't think everyone is cut out to serve just like I don't think everyone is cut out to be a doctor or a teacher or a lot of things. If I had a son who was interested I'd help him pursue it. I would worry but I would support. I cannot imagine my girlies having any desire or inclination in this direction so its hard to say how I'd feel about a daughter wanting to serve.

    13. You need to send me some questions for my weekly random : )

    ReplyDelete